Dyslexia

Today i though i would share something that has been troubling me a lot over the past couple of weeks.  as some of you might know i am dyslexic, which hasn't been a massive problem for me for the past 8 years, but as i have started year 10 it seems to be becoming a problem.

It started with words not meaning anything, even the simple words such as: can, use, you, if.  To me they were just shapes and not letters, so they didn't have any purpose or meaning.  It became very stressful to the point that i was ready to drop out of school and not bother ever turning up again.  But I knew that wouldn't help.  Luckily I had some great teachers that tried and are still trying to help me get through this tough stage.  They have been doing things like, making the slideshows a certain colour to help me read it  as well as printing handouts onto coloured paper.  And it has helped a bit.

I did go to the opticians to see if my eyes were effecting anything, and it turns out they are also playing a part in why i have been struggling so much.  Basically my eyes don't work together, only one eye works at a time meaning things become blurred.  Its like winking and changing eyes very, very quickly.

So two weeks on and I am slowly starting to work out what words say and mean, I'm still not able to work out all the words i used to know but I'm getting there.  But thinking of things to write and how to do certain things are still a struggle.  To be honest writing this post has taken me a few days.  It might take a few weeks or months for me to get back to normal but i will keep trying, even though i do occasionally feel like giving up.

Do you have Dyslexia or learning disability or mental health problem? Or do you have any advice? Leave a comment and let me know.



Comments

Popular Posts